- Creative Curriculum – Our Creative Curriculum builds basic skills while also exposing children to more challenging concepts presented in ways that young children can understand. Students learn the same skills as their peers, however, teachers find ways to challenge those who are more advanced while supporting those who may need additional help. All activities are purposeful and targeted towards the development of the individual child.
- Physical and Cognitive Development Through Hands-On Experiences – From developing sensory, gross and fine motor skills, to learning math and science and building literacy skills, our Creative Curriculum makes it all possible through fun, hands-on activities. For example, to improve literacy and develop sensory skills, our youngest learners may participate in rolling playdough into letters. Four-year olds may be making slime, a great sensory activity that encourages cognitive and physical development! Every activity is hands-on and age-appropriate to reinforce the learning process.
- Early Exposure to Science and Math – Science and math are often overlooked in preschools and daycare centers, as many focus solely on literacy. At Cranfield Academy, children are exposed to math and science through fun learning activities which enhance literacy as well. Science concepts are brought to life through exciting, hands-on experiments. Math skills are built through interactive activities. Our students explore and discover math and science in motion!
In addition, parents have the option to add additional fitness enrichment activities such as Soccer Shots and GymTastics. Soccer Shots is an exciting children’s soccer program that focuses on character development and skill building. GymTastics offers a mix of sports, fitness, and gymnastics that keeps children’s energy and attention levels high, enhancing the physical development of each child.
- Developmental Milestones Achieved with Proper Guidance – Learning how to use the bathroom on their own is a big developmental milestone for our little ones. At Cranfield Academy, potty training is handled on a case-by-case basis for the young two’s, as per the request of parents. For the older two’s, the whole group has a potty schedule, which reinforces success and helps avoid accidents. Our staff is committed to making sure each student is nurtured to reach these milestones at his or her own pace.
- Close Parent-Teacher Relationships and a Strong Sense of Community – One of the things that makes Cranfield so unique is our school culture. At Cranfield Academy, we emphasize the importance of building relationships with our families. We host many family events such as a costume parade, Thanksgiving Luncheon Potluck, holiday musical program for our preschool families, Easter egg hunt, secret reader program, and Community Helpers (Career Day). Our doors are always open to parents and families at Cranfield, who are welcome to come in and have lunch with their children on any given day. Parents can volunteer in classrooms as well. Nursing mothers can come in and nurse according to their nursing schedules.
We value close communication with our families. We use an app called Brightwheel to connect with parents daily, sharing pictures and videos throughout the day. We also send out a weekly newsletter with updates every Friday. In addition, we offer parent-teacher conferences beginning in preschool.