- Individualized Learning to Help Each Child Reach His Full Potential – While students learn the same skills as their peers, teachers find ways to challenge those who are more advanced while supporting those who may need additional help. All activities are purposeful and targeted towards the development of the individual child.
- Early Exposure to Challenging Concepts – We believe even the youngest learners can be exposed to more challenging ideas and concepts in fun ways that stretch learning capacity. Our Creative Curriculum soars beyond letters and numbers. We focus on building basic skills while also exposing young children to more challenging concepts in exciting, age-appropriate ways that they can understand.
- Hands-On Experiences to Boost Physical and Cognitive Development – From building literacy skills, to learning math and science, to strengthening sensory, gross and fine motor skills, our Creative Curriculum brings learning to life through hands-on experiences. Each classroom has a sensory table, and every activity is hands-on and age-appropriate. For example, a child working to improve literacy and sensory skills may participate in tracing letters in shaving cream. In the toddler classroom, children may be playing with bubble wrap, a great sensory activity for both touch and hearing. Meanwhile, children in the 4’s classroom may be making slime, a favorite sensory activity!
- Character Education to Encourage Young Leaders with Integrity – At Cranfield Academy, we believe in nurturing the whole child to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical abilities. Character education is just as much a part of our curriculum as other academic subjects like math and science. In our classroom for two-year-olds, for example, we teach how to use language to express feelings. Children begin to grasp how to handle social conflict peacefully. In the preschool classroom, we go a step further by asking children “How does that make you feel?” or “How do you think that made him/her feel?” Teaching empathy and compassion at a young age helps build responsible, caring citizens and future leaders.
- A Robust Health and Wellness Plan – Healthy, happy children are more likely to thrive academically and socially. That is why we have a full service, professional kitchen with a private chef on campus, providing healthy, child-friendly breakfasts, lunches and snacks prepared on site. Children have many opportunities to explore our gracious playground with meandering paths, shaded play areas and fun water play activities. We also offer two optional fitness enrichment opportunities which parents have the option to add: Soccer Shots and GymTastics. Soccer Shots is an exciting children’s soccer program that focuses on character development and skill building. GymTastics offers a mix of sports, fitness, and gymnastics to boost energy and attention levels while strengthening the physical development of each child.
When you visit Cranfield Academy, we believe that you will clearly see what makes us so unique. Please contact us to schedule your private tour today!